Greetings! Below is some information about the fair use of images and artwork created by Michael Divine. You can also download a PDF version of this information here.
IMAGE USE NOTICE
TenThousandVisions.com: The Artwork of Michael Divine
The artwork of Michael Divine is protected by national and international copyright laws, including The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Please respect the intent of these laws, which enable the development of the vision of the artist.
PLEASE HONOR THE SOURCE THAT IS AT THE HEART OF MICHAEL DIVINE’S WORK, AND ARTWORK BY RESPECTING THESE GUIDELINES.
If you are unclear whether the use you have in mind is permitted, please inquire via email with a description of intended use.
This document is subject to continual revision without notification.
WORKSHOP or LECTURE
Under the following conditions and for no fee, you may use images by Michael Divine in your workshop or lecture:
- As a “power point” presentation
- A slide talk, or
- Using an overhead projector lecture
As long as you credit the artist and give the web site address “www.tenthousandvisions.com” while the artwork is on the screen. Michael Divine will provide images for this use, but they may ONLY be used for the purpose of the lecture or workshop. Fliers, photocopies, photographs or reproductions of any kind are NOT permitted for use in an educational or non-educational purpose.
LIMITED USE ON A WEBSITE
You are permitted to use ONE image on your personal (non-commercial) web site with the following stipulations:
- A link to “www.tenthousandvisions.com” must be visible WITH the image.
- The image used must be no larger than 400 pixels/3 inches in either dimension.
- Images may NOT be used on the homepage.
- Images may NOT be used as backgrounds, cropped, or otherwise presented in a manner that obscures the entire image in any way.
- Images may NOT be used on web sites deemed inappropriate.
- Images may NOT be modified, colored, animated, adapted, collaged, used as a graphic design element, or altered in any way.
TO USE THE IMAGE AS AN AVATAR:
- Images must not exceed 200 pixels in any dimensions
- Images used must have the web site address “www.tenthousandvisions.com” plainly visible. If the requested and approved image is not already available with the URL text as described, we will create one for use under the terms of agreement.
- Images may NOT be modified, colored, animated, or used as an element in a graphic design under any circumstances unless through separate written license between Michael Divine and the specific web site.
For no fee, you may have a tattoo made from Michael Divine’s art under the following conditions:
- Employ the best possible artist who is capable of rendering the best reproduction of the work and thereby giving the most beautiful results.
- Send a good quality photo of the finished tattoo with your name to Michael@tenthousandvision.com (work in progress photo also requested but optional).
- Grant free use of the photo of your tattoo for any subsequent publication approved by Michael Divine.
MAGAZINES, BOOKS, SCHOLARLY PAPERS:
If art is intended to accompany an interview or article featuring or discussing in some depth the subject of Michael Divine’s artwork, jpegs will be provided and the use is free. Use of art to illustrate any subject other than a discussion of the work of Michael Divine or is NOT PERMITTED, unless express written consent from the artist is granted. Please communicate via email the intention and description of the use of Michael Divine’s art in these contexts.
PERMISSION FOR USE IS NOT GRANTED FOR:
Because the use of Michael Divine’s art would constitute an endorsement, reproduction rights are reserved for projects that benefit the artist and/or his affiliated projects such as TenThousandVisions or for use in projects that Michael Divine specifically endorses.
Michael Divine DOES NOT grant permission or sell reproduction rights for the use of his art on collateral material such as brochures, business cards, pamphlets, or fliers that promote a private practice of any kind.
Permission is NOT granted for reproduction rights for use in self-published books, workbooks or CD’s.
Michael Divine does NOT give permission to reproduce his artwork for the following:
- No photographed or Xerox-type copies whatsoever.
- No blotter art.
- No party fliers.
- No personal business promotion. This includes business cards, fliers, brochures, web sites, etc.
- No projections at parties or events without approval.
Michael Divine DOES NOT allow his art to be collaged, customized, copied, adapted, incorporated, photoshopped, or altered in any way or used within another work of art. He does NOT give permission to use his artwork within another artists work.
If you have questions whether the use you have in mind is permitted, PLEASE ASK. Send a request and description of use via email.
Uploading, downloading, or using works protected by copyright without the authority of the copyright owner is an infringement of the copyright owner’s exclusive rights of reproduction and/or distribution as per the Visual Artists Rights Act. Anyone found to have infringed a copyrighted work may be liable for statutory damages up to $30,000 for each infringement and, if the copyright owner proves willful infringement, that amount may be increased up to $150,000 for each infringement. In addition, an infringer of a work may also be liable for loss of income due to the use of the work without attribution and attorney’s fees incurred by the copyright owner to enforce his or his rights.
If you have any other questions about copyright, please visit: